Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 3|
Eaton ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 3rd District. Eaton sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. She was unopposed in the April 24 Democratic primary and hoped to unseat incumbent Rep. Mike Kelly (R) in the general election on November 6.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could have determined whether Democrats retake the House or if Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mike Kelly Incumbent||54.8%||165,826|
|Source: Pennsylvania Department of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania's 3rd Congressional District, 2012 - Melissa Eaton Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$ 1,135,644|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$ 1,080,095|
|Top contributors to Missa Eaton's campaign committee|
|United Auto Workers||$7,500|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$6,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$20,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Missa + Eaton + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Erie Times-News, "Sharon resident Eaton to run for Congress in the 3rd District" accessed January 20, 2012
- Politico, "2012 House Race Results," accessed November 6, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 General Primary Unofficial Returns," April 24, 2012
- Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" accessed April 25, 2012
- Open Secrets, "Missa Eaton 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 26, 2013
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |