Mississippi 1998 ballot measures
- Both measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments and were both approved.
- One measure dealt with initiative rights.
- The other dealt with law enforcement.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Direct democracy measures||Provides that only a resident of the state may circulate an initiative petition|
|Amendment 2||Law enforcement||Gives victims of crimes the right to be informed, present, and heard during the criminal process|
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of Mississippi ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Mississippi
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Mississippi
- Mississippi Legislature
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |