Missouri 1918 ballot measures
- Six measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- All nine measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Issue 1||Taxes||Allows taxes for school purposes|
|Issue 2||Gov't Finances||Redirects certain government revenue from the Treasury to a public school fund|
|Issue 3||Taxes||Requires county courts tax property for road purposes|
|Issue 4||Taxes||Creates a state tax for road purposes|
|Issue 5||Taxes||Raises the debt limit of certain cities in order to create and improve utilities and roadways|
|Issue 6||Alcohol||Prohibits alcohol in Missouri|
|Issue 7||Gov't Finances||Establishes a homestead loan fund in the state treasury|
|Issue 8||Taxes||Determines from where public revenues may be derived|
|Issue 9||Local governance||Allows large cities create new charters and amendments|
- List of Missouri ballot measures
- 1918 ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Missouri
- List of Missouri initiatives from 1910-2000 (PDF)
- Missouri Legislative Academy - Initiative and Referendum 1910-2010
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |