Missouri 1938 ballot measures
- Four measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One measure was a veto referendum.
- Four measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
On the ballot
|Issue 1||Salaries||Increases state legislative salaries|
|Issue 2||Term Limits||State Treasurer is eligible for re-election "as his own successor"|
|Issue 3||Taxes||Authorizes count courts to levy a special tax for support of county hospitals|
|Issue 4||Pension||Authorizes pensions for persons over 65 years of age|
|VR||Issue 5||Taxes||Creates a $0.03 tax on gasoline|
|Issue 6||Transportation||Creates motor fuel tax and the State Highway Commission|
|Issue 7||Legislature||Creates numerous changes in state legislative procedures|
|Issue 8||Taxes||Levies taxes for the state school system|
|Issue 9||Term Limits||Allows sheriffs and coroners to succeed themselves|
- List of Missouri initiatives from 1910-2000 (PDF)
- Missouri Legislative Academy - Initiative and Referendum 1910-2010
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |