Missouri 1940 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Five of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was adopted and seven were defeated.
On the ballot
|Issue 1||Salaries||Fixes general assembly compensation at $125 per month|
|Issue 2||Legislature||Calls for revision of state statutes every 10 years starting in 1949|
|Issue 3||Judiciary||Establishes a nonpartisan system for appointing and electing judges|
|Issue 4||Direct Democracy||Requires number of signatures on initiative petitions to be based on vote for Governor of Missouri|
|Issue 5||Hunting & Fishing||Repeals the Wildlife and Forestry Code|
|Issue 6||Transportation||Fixes motor vehicle license fees at present rate|
|Issue 7||Transportation||Abolishes municipal gas taxes and provides revenue for rural roads|
- Listings of Missouri ballot propositions by year
- Laws governing the initiative process in Missouri
- Missouri signature requirements
- List of Missouri initiatives from 1910-2000 (PDF)
- Missouri Legislative Academy - Initiative and Referendum 1910-2010
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |