Missouri 1948 ballot measures
- All three measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One measure was adopted and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|Issue 1||Taxes||Raises the state fuel tax by 1.5% and eliminated municipal fuel taxes|
|Issue 2||Pension||Creates a pension for public employees in cities larger than 40,000 people|
|Issue 3||Veterans||Creates a $400 bonus for World War II veterans|
- List of Missouri ballot measures
- 1948 ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Missouri
- List of Missouri initiatives from 1910-2000 (PDF)
- Missouri Legislative Academy - Initiative and Referendum 1910-2010
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |