Missouri 1956 ballot measures
- The one measure was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- The one measure was approved.
- All three of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- One of the measures was approved.
- Two of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Bonds||Authorizes legislature to issue $75 million in bonds for educational institutions|
|Amendment 1||Legislature||Changes legislative sessions and expense allowances|
|Amendment 2||Taxes||Levies a tax on assessed properties for road and bridge fund|
|Amendment 3||Gov't Finances||Authorizes investment of state funds|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |