Missouri 1970 ballot measures
- The one measure was a veto referendum.
- The one measure was defeated.
- All three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were approved.
- One of the measures was defeated.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Three of the measures were approved.
- Two of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|VR||Proposition 1||Taxes||Increases the state income tax|
|Amendment 1||State exec||Removes prohibition on state treasurer succeeding himself|
|Amendment 2||Transportation||Authorizes the State Highway Commission to construct and operate toll roads|
|Amendment 3||Judiciary||Provides for a Court of Appeals consisting of districts|
|Amendment 1||Legislature||Provides for annual legislative sessions|
|Amendment 2||Local Gov't||Allows citizens of charter counties to determine what services should be provided to them|
|Amendment 3||Taxes||Increases maximum tax rates which can be levied|
|Amendment 4||Taxes||Provides tax rate for school districts|
|VR||Proposition 1||Pension||Provides higher pensions for state employees|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |