Missouri 1986 ballot measures
- All five of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All five of the measures were approved.
- Both of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was approved.
- One of the measures was defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 2||Admin of gov't||Provides that bills enacted by legislature become law if not rejected by governor|
|Amendment 3||Gov't finances||Established a cash operating reserve fund in state treasury|
|Amendment 4||Gov't Salaries||Limits county officials compensation|
|Amendment 6||Gov't finances||Makes the state treasurer the custodian of state funds|
|Amendment 8||Gambling||Clarifies the horse racing amendment|
|Amendment 5||Bond issues||Allows cities and counties to issue bonds for public improvements|
|Amendment 7||Bond issues||Provides that only voters of participating governmental units need to approve bond issuance|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |