Missouri 1988 ballot measures
- The one measure was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- The one measure was defeated.
- All three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All three of the measures were approved.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were approved.
- One of the measures was defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 2||Business||Authorizes corporations to hold investment real estate|
|Amendment 3||Lottery||Increases amount of lottery proceeds available for funding prizes, clarifies powers and duties of lottery commission|
|Amendment 4||Bonds||Requires four-sevenths majority of those voting to approve bond issues|
|Amendment 6||Business||Allows shareholders to determine the business purpose of a corporation and how stock may be voted|
|Amendment 1||Legislature||Changes length of annual sessions of the legislature|
|Amendment 5||Bonds||Authorizes the issuance of bonds for water projects|
|Amendment 7||Taxes||Extends sales and use tax for soil and water conservation and state parks|
|Amendment 8||Healthcare||Establishes a trust fund for catastrophic high-risk illness|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |