Missouri 1998 ballot measures
- Both of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Both of the measures were approved.
- Six of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- All eight of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|Amendment 3||Taxes||Limits the Kansas City board of education operating levy|
|Amendment 4||Bonds||Limits the school district bonding capacity|
|Amendment 1||Direct Democracy||Changes the deadline for submitting initiative petitions|
|Amendment 2||Taxes||Allows school boards to set an operating levy no higher than $2.75 without a vote|
|Amendment 5||Admin of gov't||Creates a written investment policy for state funds|
|Amendment 6||Bonds||Finances municipal or joint sewer improvement projects by issuance of revenue bonds|
|Amendment 7||Bonds||Authorizes the state to issue bonds to fund distributions by the Missouri Clean Water Commission|
|Amendment 8||Gambling||Allows charitable or religious organizations to sponsor raffles and sweepstakes|
|Amendment 9||Gambling||Allows gambling boats on the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers|
|CISS||Proposition A||Animals||Makes it a Class D felony to bait or fight animals|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |