Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
|Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education|
|FY 2013 Budget:||$5.4 billion|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
Missouri school districts
List of school districts in Missouri
Public education in Missouri
School board elections portal
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“||The mission of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is to guarantee the superior preparation and performance of every child in school and in life.||”|
- Deputy Commissioner, Financial and Administrative Services: Ronald Lankford
- Deputy Commissioner, Learning Services: Margie Vandeven
- Chief of Staff: Robin Coffman
- Communications: Sarah Potter
- General Counsel and Governmental Affairs: Mark Van Zandt
The Department of Education has seven divisions managed by the officials listed below:
- Adult Learning & Rehabilitation Services: Jeanne Loyd
- College and Career Readiness: Sharon Helwig
- Data System Management: Leigh Ann Grant-Engle
- Early and Extended Learning: Jackie Wieburg
- Educator Quality: Paul Katnik
- Quality Schools: Dennis Cooper
- Special Education: Stephen Barr
State Board of Education
The Missouri State Board of Education is comprised of eight members appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Senate. Each member serves staggered, eight-year terms. The Missouri Constitution imposes the responsibility of the instruction of public schools upon the State Board of Education. No more than four board members may belong to the same political party and no more than one member may reside in the same county or congressional district.
The Board of Education is responsible for appointing the Commissioner of Education; setting policies for elementary and secondary education; defining academic performance standards; accrediting local school districts; establishing testing and assessment requirements; establishing regulations for school safety and for fiscal management.
The following chart outlines the organizational structure of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Missouri + Department + Elementary + Secondary + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, "Facts About the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education," accessed January 23, 2014
- EducationBug.org, "Missouri," accessed January 23, 2014
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, "Mission," accessed January 23, 2014
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, "Contacts," accessed January 23, 2014
- Missouri Department of Education "Facts About the Missouri State Board of Education," accessed April 11, 2010
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education | Missouri school districts |