Missouri Director of Labor & Industrial Relations
|Missouri Director of Labor & Industrial Relations|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2012-2013 FY Budget:||$133,947,398|
|Length of term:||Serves at the governor's pleasure|
|Authority:||Missouri Constitution, Article IV, Section 49 the Executive Department|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the governor with the consent of the State Senate|
|Assumed office:||March 2013|
|Other Missouri Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Director • Insurance Director • Natural Resources Director • Labor Director • Public Service Commission|
The director serves as chief administrative officer of the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations. The department is controlled by the Labor Commission, a three-member board appointed by the governor.
Under Article IV, Section 49:
The department of labor and industrial relations shall be in charge of a “Labor and Industrial Relations Commission” consisting of three members appointed by the governor...A member of the commission shall be designated by the governor as the chairman...
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that establishes the requirements necessary to qualify for a state executive office. That information for the Missouri Director of Labor & Industrial Relations has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the Missouri Director of Labor & Industrial Relations has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The mission statement of the department is "To promote industry and labor and protect the rights and safety of Missouri's workforce."
The Department of Labor and Industrial Relations's budget for 2012-2013 was $133,947,398.
The department is composed of the following divisions:
- Division of Employment Security
- Division of Workers' Compensation
- Division of Labor Standards
- State Board of Mediation
- Missouri Commission on Human Rights
Article IV, Section 21 of the state Constitution addresses compensation of executive officials:
Under Article IV, Section 21:
The officers named in this article shall receive for their services salaries fixed by law, which shall not be increased or diminished during their terms.
In 2013, the director's salary remained at $120,000.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Missouri Director of Labor & Industrial Relations has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Missouri + Director of + "Labor and Industrial Relations"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Gov. Nixon names Ryan McKenna as new Labor Director, Nia Ray to head ... - St. Louis American
- Ryan McKenna to head Mo. labor department - KBIA
- Missouri Education Chief Advised Ballot Group on Teacher Tenure - CBS Local
- View from the Capitol by State Rep. Ed Schieffer - The Elsberry Democrat
- Minimum wage to increase in Missouri - Northwest Missourian
- Mo. extension offers free business class - Southeast Missourian
421 East Dunklin Street
Post Office Box 504
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0504
- Missouri Labor and Industrial Relations Commission, "About," accessed October 1, 2011
- Office of Missouri Governor, "Gov. Nixon announces Labor Director Rebman as Administrative Law Judge for Kansas City," March 22, 2013
- Department of Labor & Industrial Relations, About the Department
- Missouri 96th General Assembly, "House bill No. 2007," accessed July 5, 2013
- Council of State Governments, Table 4.11 Selected State Administrative Officials: Annual Salaries, accessed January 30, 2014
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 21, 2011
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |