Missouri Director of Natural Resources
|Missouri Director of Natural Resources|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2012-2013 FY Budget:||$592,897,170|
|Length of term:||Serves at the governor's pleasure|
|Authority:||Missouri Constitution, Article IV, Section 47, the Executive Department|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the governor with the consent of the State Senate.|
|Name:||Sara Parker Pauley|
|Other Missouri Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Director • Insurance Director • Natural Resources Director • Labor Director • Public Service Commission|
Created July 1, 1974, the mission of the department is "to protect, preserve and enhance Missouri's natural, cultural and energy resources."
Under Article IV, Section 47:
The department of natural resources shall be in charge of a director appointed by the governor, by and with the advice and consent of the senate...
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that establishes the requirements necessary to qualify for a state executive office. That information for the Missouri Director of Natural Resources has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the Missouri Director of Natural Resources has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
- See Energy policy in Missouri for information on the state's energy portfolio and goals.
The department deals with the issue of energy, helps develop mineral resources in an environmentally safe manner, protects Missouri's land, air and water resources and works to preserve the state's historic and natural heritage through state parks and state historic sites.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources features the following divisions:
- Office of the Director
- Administrative Support - Jobs
- Commissions and Boards
- Soil and Water Conservation Program
- Water Resources Center
- Division of Energy
- Division of Environmental Quality
- Air Pollution Control Program
- Environmental Services Program
- Hazardous Waste Program
- Land Reclamation Program
- Regional and Satellite Offices
- Solid Waste Management Program
- Water Protection Program
- Public Drinking Water Branch
- Water Pollution Control Branch
- Financial Assistance Center
- Division of Geology and Land Survey
- Geological Survey Program
- Oil and Gas Wells
- Land Survey Program
- Division of State Parks
- Park Rangers
- State Historic Preservation Office
- Environmental Improvement and Energy Resources Authority
- Market Development Program
- Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund
The Department of Natural Resources's budget for 2012-2013 was $592,897,170.
Article IV, Section 21 of the state Constitution addresses compensation of executive officials:
Under Article IV, Section 21:
The officers named in this article shall receive for their services salaries fixed by law, which shall not be increased or diminished during their terms.
In 2013, the director's salary remained at $120,000.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Missouri Director of Natural Resources has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Missouri + Director + of + Natural + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 176
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Toll Free: 800-361-4827
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources, "About us," accessed October 1, 2011
- Missouri DNR, About Us
- Missouri DNR, Divisions and Programs
- Missouri 96th General Assembly, "House bill No. 2006," accessed July 5, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," accessed December 3, 2014
- Council of State Governments, Table 4.11 Selected State Administrative Officials: Annual Salaries," accessed January 30, 2014
- The Council of State Governments, "The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," accessed June 21, 2011