Missouri House of Representatives District 32
|Missouri House of Representatives District 32|
|Current incumbent||Jeanie Lauer|
|Race||83.5% White, 8.5% Black, 2.9% Asian, 2.8% Two or More Races, 1.5% Other, 0.5% American Indian or Alaska Native, 0.4% Pacific Islander|
|Ethnicity||94.5% Not Hispanic, 5.5% Hispanic|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
As of the 2010 census, a total of 43,330 civilians reside within Missouri's thirty-second state house district. Missouri state representatives represent an average of 36,742 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 34,326 residents.
About the office
- At least 24 years of age
- Qualified Missouri voter for two years before election
- Resident of the district which he is chosen to represent for 1 year before election
- Is not delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, real property taxes on the place of residence as stated in the declaration of candidacy
- is not a past or present corporate officer of any fee office that owes any taxes to the state.
- Has not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America.
- Has not been convicted of or found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under the laws of Missouri.
- In addition to any other penalties provided by law, no person may file for any office in a subsequent election until he or the treasurer of his existing candidate committee has filed all required campaign disclosure reports for all prior elections.
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the Missouri House of Representatives are paid $35,915/year. Per diem is $104/day tied to the federal rate. Roll call is used to verify per diem.
- See also: State legislatures with term limits
The Missouri legislature is one of 15 state legislatures with term limits. Voters enacted the Missouri Term Limits Act in 1992. That initiative said that Missouri house are subject to term limits of no more than four two-year terms, or a total of eight years.
The first year that the 1992 term limits impacted the ability of incumbents to run for office was in 2002.
If a vacancy occurs in the house, the Governor must call for a special election without delay. There is no time limit specified under law. The mandate for a special election is sent to the election authority in the county that first established the legislative district.
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Andy Herman was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jeanie Lauer was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lauer defeated Herman in the general election.
|Missouri House of Representatives District 32, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jeanie Lauer Incumbent||70.1%||5,526|
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 7, 2012 and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 27, 2012. Incumbent Jeanie Lauer (R) defeated Sherbaz Khan (D) in the general election. Both candidates ran unopposed in the August 7 primary elections.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jeanie Lauer Incumbent||66.9%||11,015|
Since 2000, candidates for Missouri House of Representatives District 32 have raised a total of $811,338. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $57,953 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, Missouri House of Representatives District 32|
- Missouri Office of Administration, "Missouri State House District Population 2010 By Race, Hispanic Origin and Total Minority," accessed October 2, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "2010 Census Interactive Population Search," accessed September 11, 2013
- U.S. Census Bureau, "States Ranked by Population," April 2, 2001. Accessed February 13, 2014
- termlimits.org, "State Legislative Term Limits," accessed December 17, 2013
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Elected Officials Qualifications," accessed December 17, 2013
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- Missouri General Assembly, "Missouri Revised Statutes," accessed December 17, 2013(Referenced Statute 21.110)
- Missouri General Assembly, "Missouri Revised Statutes," accessed December 17, 2013(Referenced Statute 21.120)
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results - State of Missouri - Primary Election - August 5, 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List - Primary Election," accessed July 24, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |