For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Missouri Litigators Honored for Work to Protect Initiative Campaign's First Amendment Rights
Lake Rdige, Virginia:
The John Lilburne Award for the month of July has been given to two litigators from Missouri, Dale Doerhoff and Heidi Doerhoff Vollet. Both were honored for their outstanding advocacy on behalf of the Humane Society of Missouri in a court case dealing with the state’s initiative & referendum process. For more information about the award recipients and case check out the press release here.
Recently, Citizens in Charge Foundation issued a coalition letter regarding the case Dale and Heidi are involved in. CICF applauded the Missouri Court of Appeals for temporarily halting the release of sensitive campaign data. The decision is a great win and first step for citizen initiative rights in the state and can be attributed a great deal to the hard work of Dale and Heidi Doerhoff. To see the coalition letter click here.
Signers of the Coalition Letter:
- Paul Jacob, President of Citizens in Charge Foundation and Citizens in Charge
- Christina Tobin, Founder & CEO The Free and Equal Elections Foundation
- Bill Wilson, President of Americans for Limited Government
- Bradley J. Ketcher, Treasurer of Citizens for a Better St. Louis
- Whit Ayres, President of the American Association of Political Consultants
- P.J. Wilson, Director of Renew Missouri
- Jeff Ordower, Executive Director of Missourians Advocating for Reform and Empowerment
- Ross Day, Executive Director of Common Sense for Oregon
- Dean Christopher Arterton, Graduate School of Political Management The George Washington University