Missouri Minimum Wage Initiative (2014)
|Not on ballot|
Text of measure
The official ballot question reads as follows:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
Shall Missouri law be amended to:
See also: Fiscal impact statement
According the Missouri secretary of state's fiscal note: Increased state and local government costs for wages, operating expenses, and programs could exceed an estimated $105 million annually. State and local government income and sales tax revenue could increase by an estimated $34.6 million annually.
The measure is sponsored by Jobs with Justice.
Path to the ballot
The supporting group has until May 4, 2014 to turn in the required amount of valid signatures. Missouri law states that signatures for initiated state statutes must be obtained from registered voters equal to five percent of the total votes cast in the 2012 governor's election from six of the state's eight congressional districts. This amounts to a minimum of 98,618 valid signatures, depending on which districts signatures are gathered from.
- Alaska Minimum Wage Increase (2014)
- Arkansas Minimum Wage Initiative (2014)
- California Minimum Wage Increase Initiative (2014)
- Idaho Minimum Wage Initiative (2014)
- Louisiana State Minimum Wage Amendment (2014)
- Massachusetts Minimum Wage Increase Initiative (2014)
- Michigan Minimum Wage Initiative (2014)
- Minnesota Inflation Adjusted Minimum Wage Amendment (2014)
- Missouri Minimum Wage Initiative (2014)
- Nebraska Minimum Wage Increase Initiative (2014)
- New Mexico Minimum Wage Amendment (2014)
- South Dakota Increased Minimum Wage Measure (2014)
- Washington D.C. Minimum Wage Initiative (2014)
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |