Missouri Storm Water Control Finance, Amendment 4 (2008)
The Missouri Storm Water Control Finance Amendment, also known as Amendment 4, was on the November 4, 2008 ballot in Missouri as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure limited the availability of grants and loans to public water and sewer districts only, removed the cap on available funding and existing restrictions on disbursements and required loan repayments be used only for storm water control projects.
|Missouri Amendment 4 (2008)|
Election results via: Missouri Secretary of State - Elections Division
Text of measure
The question on the ballot appeared as:
Shall the Missouri Constitution be amended to change provisions relating to the financing of stormwater control projects by:
It is estimated the cost to state governmental entities is $0 to $236,000 annually. It is estimated state governmental entities will save approximately $7,500 for each bond issuance. It is estimated local governmental entities participating in this program may experience savings, however the amount is unknown. 
- 94th General Assembly.
- Marc Thornsberry, Springfield Public Works Director
Notable arguments made in support of the measure included:
- It would lead to quicker access to the stormwater funds, allowing faster improvements.
- It would not increase state taxes.
Arguments in Opposition
Notable arguments made in opposition to the measure included:
- It will transfer millions of tax dollars to special interest groups.
- Its language is misleading to voters about where tax dollars are going.
- Passage will support voter disengagement.
- Missouri 2008 ballot measures
- 2008 ballot measures
- List of Missouri ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Missouri
- 2008 Voter Guide: Initiative Petitions & Ballot Questions
- Election Results from the Missouri Secretary of State - Elections Division
- Missouri Secretary of State, "2008 Voter Guide: Initiative Petitions & Ballot Questions," accessed May 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- kspr.com: "Missouri Ballot Issues: Amendment 4," Oct 7, 2008
- The Kansas City Star: "A Message in plain English," Oct 20, 2008
- Missouri Family Network: "November 4, 2008 General Election; Five (5) Statewide Ballot Questions," Oct 13, 2008
- GoneMild.com: "Looking Down Ballot - Missouri Constitutional Amendment #4 - Stormwater Changes," Oct 15, 2008
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |