Missouri down ballot state executive elections, 2014
August 5, 2014
November 4, 2014
- See also: Missouri State Auditor
Article IV, Section 13 of the state Constitution outlines the following duties of the auditor:
- "Establish appropriate systems of accounting for all public officials of the state, post-audit the accounts of all state agencies and audit the treasury at least once annually."
- "Make all other audits and investigations required by law, and shall make an annual report to the governor and general assembly."
- "Establish appropriate systems of accounting for the political subdivisions of the state, supervise their budgeting systems, and audit their accounts as provided by law."
- "No duty shall be imposed on him by law which is not related to the supervising and auditing of the receipt and expenditure of public funds.
|Missouri State Auditor, 2010|
|Democratic||Susan Montee Incumbent||45.5%||871,867|
|Libertarian||Charles W. Baum||3.7%||70,816|
|Election Results Via: Missouri Secretary of State|
|March 25, 2014||Filing deadline for primary candidates|
|August 5, 2014||Primary election|
|November 4, 2014||General election|
|December 9, 2014||Final day for Missouri Secretary of State to certify votes|
To learn more about developments in this race, check out the following news articles from Ballotpedia: No news has been posted yet for this state.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Missouri + auditor + election"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Missouri Secretary of State, 2014 Candidate Filing, March 25, 2014
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Mo. Dem. auditor candidate reports $18K," October 15, 2013
- The Tribune, APNewsBreak: Mo. Democrat drops state auditor bid, January 15, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "2014 Missouri Election Calendar," accessed August 26, 2014
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |