|Vermont House Of Representatives, Grand Isle-Chittenden 1|
|2003 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||11|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Vermont, 1993|
|Place of birth||Clifton Park, New York|
Johnson earned her B.S. from the University of Vermont in 1993.
Johnson has worked in the following positions: Policy Specialist for the Vermont Campaign to End Childhood Hunger, Piano Teacher, Artist, and Apple Harvest Crew Supervisor and Vegetable Production Manager for Allenholm Farms.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Johnson served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Appropriations, Vice-chair|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Johnson served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Mental Health Oversight|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Incumbents Bob Krebs and Mitzi Johnson are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jason Moquin is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Johnson won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Grand Isle-Chittenden. Johnson was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Grand Isle-Chittenden 1-1 General Election (2010)|
|Mitzi Johnson (D)||'2,068,|
|Bob Krebs (D)||1,856|
|Jay Purvis (R)||1,802|
|David Light (R)||1,324|
Comprehensive donor information for Johnson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Johnson raised a total of $0 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Mitzi Johnson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Grand Isle-Chittenden-1-1||$0|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Grand Isle-Chittenden-1-1||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$0|
2012Johnson won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Johnson raised a total of $0.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mitzi Johnson's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Johnson was up for re-election, she did not collect any money in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Johnson voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mitzi + Johnson + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Johnson, Mitzi," accessed September 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013