Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Washington, District 4|
Said is a family practice, internal medicine, geriatric and preventative doctor.
Said ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 4th District. He sought the nomination as a Democrat and faced incumbent Doc Hastings (R), Mary Baechler (D), and Jamie Wheeler (R) in the August 7 primary. The top two vote-getters, regardless of party, were on the general election ballot. He was defeated in the August 7, 2012, primary.
Republican incumbent Doc Hastings won with almost 68% of the vote in 2010.
As of late July, Hastings had a huge lead in fundraising. Physician Said and tea party activist Wheeler had under $5,000 each, with professional community organizer Baechler just exceeding that in the last reporting period.
On the issues, Hastings hd a record of supporting budget cuts and opposing the Affordable Care Act. Wheeler wanted to defund several major federal agencies. Palestinian-born Said focused on foreign policy issues, wanting a nuclear-free Middle East. Baechler wanted to defend Social Security and Medicare programs.
The district Democratic Party backed Baechler.
|U.S. House, Washington District 4 Open Primary, 2012|
|Doc Hastings (R) Incumbent||59.3%||60,774|
|Mary Baechler (D)||26.5%||27,130|
|Jaime Wheeler (R)||11.3%||11,581|
|Mohammad H. Said (D)||2.9%||2,958|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mohammad + Said + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Foreign minister says no trace in Iran of missing ex-FBI agent - Chicago Tribune
- Iran not holding Levinson: foreign minister - The Daily Star
- Iran Minister Says Nuclear Pause Talks Will Continue - Bloomberg
- Push still on to rehabilitate blighted St. Pete neighborhoods - Tbo.com
- Face the Nation transcripts December 15, 2013: Zarif, McCain, Durbin ... - CBS News
- Facing threats, Afghan interpreters plead for US visas - AFP
- Iran Asks US to Explain Levinson's Status - Fars News Agency
- Mandela, America, Israel and systems of oppression - San Francisco Bay View
- Syrian Blows His Family Up to Save Honor - Fars News Agency
- Makeshift memorial for victims of Sandy Hook - Castanet.net
- Mohammad Said website Accessed August 3, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State "Candidate Filings," Accessed May 18, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," Accessed May 17, 2012
- AP Primary Results
- The (Lower Columbia) News-Tribune "Trio of challengers seeks to unseat Doc Hastings," July 22, 2012