|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 60B|
Noor's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Close the Opportunity Gap
- Excerpt: "Every child deserves equal opportunity in education. I will be a strong advocate for every child to achieve the American Dream."
Champion Affordable Higher Education
- Excerpt: "I will fight for affordable tuition and increased financial aid so that education can be accessible to every student. I am a firm supporter of the MPIRG-authored Opportunity Minnesota bill, a low-cost-high-reward solution that makes college more affordable and helps retain homegrown talent."
Uniting for Social Justice
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative, I will continue my work to champion the rights of all people."
An Economy for Everyone
- Excerpt: "As our economy slowly recovers from the Great Recession, too many Minnesotans are being left behind. I support a $9.50/hour minimum wage indexed to inflation, the Women’s Economic Security Act, protecting the prevailing wage, and continued state investment in infrastructure, transportation, and affordable housing."
Promote Safe Neighborhoods
- Excerpt: "Now is the time to pass laws that will reduce gun violence and promote safe communities."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Phyllis Kahn defeated Mohamud Noor in the Democratic primary Abdimalik Askar defeated Abdulkarim Mohamed Godah in the Republican primary.
In 2014, Noor's endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mohamud + Noor + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 60B
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Mohamud Noor on Facebook
- Mohamud Noor on Twitter
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings"
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 12, 2014
- Noor for House, "Issues," accessed July 24, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Noor for House, "Endorsements," accessed July 24, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |