|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small business owner|
McGartland's professional experience includes owning The Country Club Tavern. She has attended Marquette University and UW-Milwaukee where she studied Sociology and English.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Christine Sinicki was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Molly McGartland faced Justin Moralez and Mike Pierce in the Republican primary.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
McGartland ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 20. She defeated Kristan Harris in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Christine Sinicki (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Molly M. McGartland||42.3%||12,500|
|Democratic||Christine Sinicki Incumbent||57.5%||16,995|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 20 Republican Primary, 2012|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 20 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Molly M. McGartland (R)||2,397||52.52%|
|Steve Kraeger (R)||2,153||47.17%|
McGartland's campaign website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Jobs - Supports repeal of the Combined Reporting legislation and increase business tax credits for tuition paid for an employee to attend a university, college or technical college.
- Your Money - Supports spending cuts, halt to using the Transportation fund for other projects, and stop legislator's pay raises.
- Education - Supports expanding the School Choice Program, Charter schools and free market solutions for education.
- Reformaing Government - Supports government transparency and accountability, eliminating "budgetary tricks" and "starting the state budget at zero."
McGartland and her husband, Brian Cummings have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Molly + McGartland + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Campaign website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- McGartland on Facebook
- McGartland on Twitter
- McGartland on LinkedIn
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Campaign website biography
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Department of Elections - Official Primary Results
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed June 7, 2012
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Campaign website issues
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |