|Transparency grading process|
The city of Monroe is the parish seat of Ouachita Parish, in the U.S. state of Louisiana. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 52,027, making it the eighth largest city in Louisiana.
Evaluating transparency of the city's website
- A full listing of city council members and their contact information is online.
- Council meeting agendas and minutes are posted.
- Administrative officials and their contact information is listed.
- Building permits and zoning information available.
- Budget information is not published.
- Ethics and audit reports are not available.
- City contracts are not online.
- Local tax information is not provided.
- How to make a public records request is not provided on the city's site.