Monroe County, Florida
Monroe County's estimated population in 2009 was 73,165. According to the U.S. Census Bureau's estimates, Monroe County experienced a negative rate of population growth, at -8.1%, since the 2000 Census. Florida, by contrast, experienced population growth at an estimated rate of 16% during the same time period.
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
- The current budget is available, as well as previous budgets, contact information for the budget office, grant management information, and purchasing information.
- Board meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes are all available.
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Building permits are online, zoning information can be found in the municipal code.
- Audits are posted.
- Local tax information is available.
- Information on how to make a public records request is posted.
- Current bids and proposals are posted, but awarded contracts are only shown for a brief period in 2005.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Main article: Florida government sector lobbying
Monroe County has reported federal lobbying expenditures since 2000. Most of these do not exceed $10,000 (see table). Monroe County has paid for lobbying services from Cardenas Partners and Tew Cardenas LLP
|Year||Amount spent on lobbying|
|2008||Less than $10,000|
|2007||Less than $10,000|
|2006||Less than $10,000|
|2005||Less than $10,000|
|2004||Less than $10,000|
|2003||Less than $10,000|
|2002||Less than $10,000|
|2001||Less than $10,000|
|2000||Less than $10,000|
- Official Monroe County Website
- Monroe County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Monroe County Tax Collector
- Monroe County on E-Reference
- Monroe County Sheriff's Office
- Tourism Council For the Florida Keys