Montana 1968 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- One of the measures was approved.
- Four of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Gov't salaries||Removes the prohibition on salary increases of public officers during their term of office|
|Amendment 2||Legislature||Extends the length of legislative sessions|
|Amendment 3||Admin of gov't||Increases the number of amendments that can be submitted at one election|
|LRSS||R-65||Taxes||Continues the mill levy for the university system|
|CISS||I-66||Taxes||Reduces taxable valuation of certain personal property|
- Montana Secretary of State
- I&R Institute History of Montana Initiatives
- Introduced Constitutional Amendments 1889-1969
- Constitutional Amendments 1889-1971
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |