Montana 1976 ballot measures
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Three of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Three of the measures were approved.
- Three of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|C-3||Gov't Finances||Establishes a coal tax trust fund|
|CI-7||Gov't Finances||Provides for a limit on state spending|
|LRSS||R-70||Taxes||Provides funding for public library federations with a levy on taxable property|
|CISS||I-71||Nuclear||Requires legislative approval of any nuclear facilities|
|CISS||I-72||Taxes||Provides property tax relief for homesteads|
|CISS||I-73||Recall||Provides for the recall of any person in public office|
- Montana Constitutional Amendments
- Montana Initiative and Referendum
- I&R Institute History of Montana Initiatives
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |