Montana 1986 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Two of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Five of the measures were approved.
- Two of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|C-15||Alcohol||Allows the legislature or the people to establish a legal drinking age|
|C-16||Gov't salaries||Repeals requirement of a salary commission to recommend compensation for elected officials|
|CI-27||Taxes||Abolishes property taxes and requires voter approval of sales tax|
|CI-30||Legislature||Authorizes the legislature to determine rights and remedies for injury or damage|
|LRSS||LR-100||Lottery||Establishes a state lottery|
|CISS||I-104||Food||Decontrols the price of milk|
|CISS||I-105||Taxes||Limits property taxes to 1986 levels|
- Montana Constitutional Amendments
- Montana Initiative and Referendum
- I&R Institute History of Montana Initiatives
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |