Montana Protection of Agriculture, Measure C-40 (2004)
The amendment created a $10 million trust fund for the management of noxious weeds.
|C-40 (Protection of Agriculture)|
Official results via: The Montana Secretary of State
The argument for the amendment was prepared by Senator Bill Glaser and Rep. Diane Rice. They argued that C-40 would help protect Montanans from "unsightly and devastating" weeds throughout the state and would be an economic boost to the state's agricultural industry. They also ensured voters that the amendment would not require any new taxes since it is only a protective measure to prevent raiding of the trust fund by the legislature during tight budgetary times.
No opponent committee was formed for C-40.
- List of Montana ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Montana
- Laws governing the initiative process in Montana
- Montana Initiative and Referendum Law
- Campaign finance requirements for Montana ballot measures
- Montana 2004 ballot measures
- 2004 ballot measures
- Montana signature requirements