Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Last reviewed: December 10, 2011
Main article: Evaluation of Pennsylvania county websites
- Council meetings are published. Additionally, the commissioners meetings are available for online viewing.
- Meeting agendas and minutes.
- Elected Councilmembers information is published.
- Administrative officials are published.
- Audits are available.
- Budget information is available.
- Permits and licensing information is available and includes online applications.
- Open bids are published.
- Public records are complete, including process and fee information.
- Fraud and Abuse tipline is an excellent resource.
- Information on how to obtain public records is provided.
- The PDF for some financial documents is published horizontally, making it difficult to read.
- The search function does not turn up particularly relevant links.
- A search for lobbying information turns up PA lobbying codes, but no additional information.
- Limited contact information for specific employees, primarily email addresses.
- Most cursory information is available, but in comparison to similar PA county websites, little detailed information exists.
Elected Officials: Council Members
|Joshua D. Shapiro||Chair|
|Leslie S. Richards||Vice Chair|
|Bruce Castor, Jr.||Commissioner|
|Ann Weiss||Clerk of Courts|
|Stewart Greenleaf Jr||Controller|
|Risa Ferman||District Attorney|
|Nancy Becker||Recorder of Deeds|
|Marie Cavanaugh||Jury Commissioner|
|Joanne Olszewski||Jury Commissioner|
|Lauran Lambrugo||Chief Operating Officer|
|Frank X. Custer||Communications|
|Kathy Phifer||Housing and Community Development|
|Donna Pardieu||Human Resources|
|Ron Ahlbrandt||Parks and Heritage Services|
|Thomas Sullivan||Public Safety|
The 2011 operating fund balance as of January 1 is approximately $428,450,000.
Real estate taxes generated approximately $157,800,000 in 2010 and 2011, respectively.
County In the News
- In October 2011, closing arguments were heard in the case against a former Pennsylvania lawmaker charged in wide-ranging corruption scandal that previously brought down former House Speaker John Perzel. Former state Rep. Brett Feese and an aide are charged with taking part in a House Republican caucus scheme to illegally spend millions of dollars in public funds for political purposes.
Political Corruption Hotline
The Montgomery County District Attorney is launching a political corruption hotline so that residents can report on the behavior of political officials. District Attorney Risa Ferman said she created the office residents should have a place to report government corruption and know that the information would be vetted and investigated.
Public employee salaries
- Main article: Montgomery County employee salaries
- Montgomery County Official Website
- Montgomery County Visitor's Guide
- Montgomery County Recorder of Deeds
- Montgomery County Sheriff
- Montgomery County fcts
- Calendar of events
- Online meetings
- Agendas and minutes
- Elected officials
- Administrative officials
- Open bids
- Open Records
- Right to Know Act
- Public Records Archive
- Operating budget
- Corruption in Caucus
- Philly.com, Montgomery County launches public corruption unit, August 13, 2008 (dead link)