|Transparency grading process|
Monticello is the county seat of San Juan County, Utah. According to the 2000 census, it has a population of 1,958 and is the second largest city in San Juan County.
- Main article: Evaluation of Utah city websites
- City council meeting minutes and agendas posted.
- Contact information for city council members and mayor is on the website.
- Budgets and audits are available on the website, along with local tax information.
- Site provides information and link to Utah Government Records Access and Management Act.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided.
- Permit application is available online.
- A link to the city's code is available, and information on zoning laws can be found in that document.
- Information for submitting a public records request is not provided.
- Current permits and contracts are not available on the website.
- No information about membership in government sector lobbying associations is available.
The Sutherland Institute
In November 2010, the Sutherland Institute, a Utah think tank, issued a transparency report that graded Utah cities according to a ten-point checklist. The Institute spent 20 minutes on each website searching for checklist items to ensure that transparency items were both present and easily accessible. 111 cities were graded and averaged a score of roughly 5 points, which is the equivalent of a C- transparency grade.
- Monticello city website
- The Sutherland Institute Utah City Transparency Scores
- The Sutherland Institute Grading City Government