|Arkansas House of Representatives District 50|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||School Superintendent (retired)|
Betts' professional experience includes working as a school superintendent.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas House
- Education Committee, Arkansas House
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Educational Institutions
- Subcommittee on K-12, Vocational-Technical Institutions
- Subcommittee on Parks and Tourism (Chair)
Betts did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Betts's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1554 - "TO ALLOW A SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PUBLISH ITS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REPORT BY WEBSITE POSTING."
- HB 1555 - "TO CLARIFY STUDENT GROWTH FUNDING FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICTS."
- HB 1974 - "AN ACT CONCERNING THE LICENSURE OF ARKANSAS PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Betts raised $45,752 for his campaign, while Reeves raised $46,888 and Barnett raised $100.
|Arkansas State House, District 50 (2008)|
|Monty Betts (D)||5,845|
|Kyle Reeves (R)||5,315|
|Brian Barnett (Green)||440|
Below are Betts's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Democratic Party||$2,500|
|Arkansas Healthcare Assoc||$2,000|
|Mark Pryor for US Senate||$2,000|
|Democratic House Caucus||$2,000|
|Arkansas Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Monty + Betts + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House Committees
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Monty Betts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 4, 2014
- VoteNaturally.org, "Primary results," accessed May 12, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- VoteNaturally.org, "2008 general election results, Arkansas," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "Arkansas House spending, 2008," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Arkansas House District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|