|Arkansas House of Representatives District 50|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||School Superintendent (retired)|
Betts is a retired school superintendent.
Betts did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas House
- Education Committee, Arkansas House
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Educational Institutions
- Subcommittee on K-12, Vocational-Technical Institutions
- Subcommittee on Parks and Tourism (Chair)
Betts's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1554 - "TO ALLOW A SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PUBLISH ITS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REPORT BY WEBSITE POSTING."
- HB 1555 - "TO CLARIFY STUDENT GROWTH FUNDING FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICTS."
- HB 1974 - "AN ACT CONCERNING THE LICENSURE OF ARKANSAS PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Betts raised $45,752 for his campaign, while Reeves raised $46,888 and Barnett raised $100.
|Arkansas State House, District 50 (2008)|
|Monty Betts (D)||5,845|
|Kyle Reeves (R)||5,315|
|Brian Barnett (Green)||440|
Below are Betts's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Democratic Party||$2,500|
|Arkansas Healthcare Assoc||$2,000|
|Mark Pryor for US Senate||$2,000|
|Democratic House Caucus||$2,000|
|Arkansas Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,000|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Monty Betts
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|Arkansas House District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|