For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 50|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||School Superintendent (retired)|
Betts' professional experience includes working as a school superintendent.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas House
- Education Committee, Arkansas House
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Educational Institutions
- Subcommittee on K-12, Vocational-Technical Institutions
- Subcommittee on Parks and Tourism (Chair)
Betts did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Betts's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1554 - "TO ALLOW A SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PUBLISH ITS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REPORT BY WEBSITE POSTING."
- HB 1555 - "TO CLARIFY STUDENT GROWTH FUNDING FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICTS."
- HB 1974 - "AN ACT CONCERNING THE LICENSURE OF ARKANSAS PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Betts raised $45,752 for his campaign, while Reeves raised $46,888 and Barnett raised $100.
|Arkansas State House, District 50 (2008)|
|Monty Betts (D)||5,845|
|Kyle Reeves (R)||5,315|
|Brian Barnett (Green)||440|
Below are Betts's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Democratic Party||$2,500|
|Arkansas Healthcare Assoc||$2,000|
|Mark Pryor for US Senate||$2,000|
|Democratic House Caucus||$2,000|
|Arkansas Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Monty + Betts + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House Committees
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Monty Betts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 4, 2014
- VoteNaturally.org, "Primary results," accessed May 12, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- VoteNaturally.org, "2008 general election results, Arkansas," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "Arkansas House spending, 2008," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Arkansas House District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|