|Minnesota House of Representatives District 9A|
|2003 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Master's||North Dakota State University|
|Birthday||August 27, 1944|
|Profession||Vice President/Dean, Concordia College|
Lanning has served as Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students at Concordia College - Moorhead.
Prior to joining the House, he was Mayor of the City of Moorhead from 1980-2001, and a Moorhead Alderman from 1974-1979.
Lanning is President of the Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities, founding board member of the Greater Minnesota Housing Fund, founder of the Heritage-Hjemkomst Interpretive Center, and co-founder/co-chair of the International Coalition for Land and Water Stewardship in the Red River Basin.
He is married and has 2 children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lanning served on these committees:
- Capital Investment
- Health and Human Services (Finance)
- State Government Finance, Chair
- Ways and Means
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lanning served on these committees:
- Property and Local Sales Tax Division (Lead GOP)
- Capital Investment Finance Division
- Local Government Division
- State and Local Government Operations Reform, Technology and Elections
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 9A (2010)|
|Greg Lemke (DFL)||5,356||39.82%|
|Morrie Lanning (R)||8,081||60.08%|
Morrie Lanning raised $26,553 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 9A (2008)|
|Morrie Lanning (R)||11,739||59.15%|
|Mark Olaf Altenburg (DFL)||8,064||40.63%|
In 2010, Lanning received $22,218 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Morrie Lanning's campaign in 2010|
|Naiop Economic Growth Fund C/O The Harrington Co||$500|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Inter Faculty Organization||$500|
|Minnesota Dental Association||$300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,218|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Morrie Lanning's 2008 campaign.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score." 
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Morrie + Lanning + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Morrie Lanning's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Morrie Lanning
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lanning
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ 2008 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Lanning's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
|Minnesota State House District 9A
| Succeeded by|
Mark Anderson (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |