Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire State House, Hillsborough 10|
On August 11, 2013, Savyon shot his 9-year-old son to death before taking his own life during supervised visitation at a YWCA office. Savyon wrote a letter to a friend before the shootings suggesting that he was suicidal and had been depressed since returning from his brother's funeral in Israel.
Savyon was defeated by Peter Sullivan (D) in the special election on February 21, 2012. Sullivan defeated Mary Georges in the December 20, 2011 Democratic primary. Savyon ran unopposed in the Republican primary.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough District 10, Special Election, 2012|
Savyon failed to advance past the November 2, 2010 general election.
Savyon advanced past the September 14 primary election. He faced incumbent Patrick Long (D), incumbent Jean Jeudy (D), Chuck Thibault (R), Corey Cormiea (R), and Michael Brunelle (D) in the November 2 general election.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 10 general election (2010)|
|Patrick Long (D)||813|
|Jean Jeudy (D)||715|
|Michael Brunelle (D)||700|
|Chuck Thibault (R)||660|
|Corey Cormiea (R)||540|
|Muni Savyon (R)||486|
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of 2010 primary election candidates for New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Project Vote Smart list of candidates for New Hampshire House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010 election
- 2010 Primary election results, New Hampshire
- List of Republican primary winners
- List of Democratic primary winners
- NH Insider, "Democratic Leader Mike Brunelle Leaving New Hampshire for Pennsylvania," July 6, 2011
- newsday.com, "Muni Savyon, 51, kills son, 9, and himself at YWCA offices in New Hampshire," August 11, 2013
- New Hampshire SOS, Hillsborough District 10, Election Information
- Union Leader, "Democrat Sullivan wins House seat in special election," February 21, 2012