My Ohio Now
|Voting on Gambling|
|Not on ballot|
My Ohio Now, "a casino plan that makes sense for Ohio", was formed by two lifelong Ohio residents, Dr. Bradford Pressman and Rick A. Lertzman, to bring their vision of a world class destination resort casino with Midwestern sensibilities to Ohio.
What makes the 2008 MyOhioNow.com plan different from the gambling issue that failed in the past? The answer — MyOhioNow.com's single site solution and "Share The Wealth" proposal is a win/win for all Ohioans because shared revenue will benefit everyone living in the state.
The My Ohio Now plan brings widespread benefits to Ohio:
- All counties Share the Wealth from revenue generated by the resort casino. Approximately $211 million in tax revenue will be divided among Ohio’s 88 counties based on population.
- Each county will decide how to best spend their money.
- The destination resort will create up to 5,000 permanent jobs for Ohio.
- A minimum of $600 million will be spent on developing the resort casino project.
Impact On Ohio Businesses
Not only will the resort casino help individuals and counties by hiring up to 5,000 employees and distributing an estimated $211 million in gaming tax revenue equally to all 88 counties, it will also help Ohio businesses. A minimum of $600 million will be spent on developing the resort casino project, and millions more will be spent yearly to buy supplies for the resort casino.
Midwest casinos in Indiana, Illinois and Iowa have all reported positive impacts on local communities. In 1998, in a report prepared for the congressionally mandated National Gambling Impact Study Commission, economists concluded that a new casino of even limited attractiveness in an unsaturated market will yield positive economic benefits.
- Dayton Daily News: "DDN should support Casino Proposal," July 27th, 2008
- Wall Street Journal: "The Self-Inflicted Economic Death of Ohio," June 28th, 2008
- The Plain Dealer: "Southern Ohio Casino Proponents Cite ABX Air's Woes," June 15th, 2008