Myles Lloyd Tobin
|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Tobin earned his B.S. in Political Science and his J.D. from Northwestern University. His professional experience includes being a partner in the law firm of Fletcher & Sippel LLC, as Vice President for U.S. Legal Affairs for Canadian National Railroad, as General Counsel for Illinois Central and as counsel for the Chicago and North Western Transportation Company.
Tobin's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "No more tax and spend. Stop spending money we don’t have! We all live with the amount of money in our checkbook – Illinois should do that as well."
- Excerpt: "Pension Reform – No more smoke and mirrors! We need real reform – a substantial reduction in our unfunded pension liability."
- Excerpt: "Raise jobs, not taxes – If we bring back businesses to Illinois, those businesses will increase the available jobs in our State. Adding jobs will spread the tax burden and there will be no need to keep increasing our taxes."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Arthur Turner II was set to face Tonya H. Hunter in the Democratic primary, but Hunter withdrew from the race before the primary, leaving Turner unopposed. Myles Lloyd Tobin was set to face Carlos Alvarez in the Republican primary, but Alvarez was removed from the ballot on January 10, 2014, leaving Tobin unopposed. Tobin was removed from the ballot prior to the general election, allowing Turner to run unopposed.
Tobin and his wife, Carol, live in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Myles + Tobin + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Personal Profile from Fletcher & Sippel LLC
- Official campaign website, "Myles Tobin," accessed February 21, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |