Nancy Arnold recall, Teton School District 401, Idaho (2013)
A vote about whether to recall Nancy Arnold from her position as a trustee of the school board of Teton School District 401, Idaho occurred on November 5, 2013 for voters in her district. She retained her position on the board.
The following are the unofficial results of the recall attempt:
|Nancy Arnold recall|
Recall supporters stated on their petition that "Mrs. Arnold does not represent the views of the patrons in Zone 1 concerning the direction the schools should be going." Much of the issue against Arnold was reported to be over her opposition to moving to a four-day school week.
Arnold won a four-year term on the school board in the May 2011 elections.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in Idaho
A recall election date was set for November 5, 2013 after recall signatures were verified and Arnold opted not to resign. Recall supporters gathered the required 60 signatures needed to trigger the election.
- Teton School District 401 School Board, Idaho
- Teton County Elections
- Certified Recall Petitions
- Recall Petition Certification
- JacksonHoleRadio.com, "Teton Valley Election Results Posted," November 6, 2013
- Teton County Idaho, "Recall Petition," Accessed: August 13, 2013
- Teton Valley News, "Recall signatures turned in early," June 27, 2013
- Teton School District 401, "School Board: Member," Accessed: August 13, 2013
- Teton Valley News, "Arnold won't resign from Teton School District board," July 12, 2013
- Teton County Idaho, "County Clerk Notice Regarding Nancy Arnold Recall Petition," Accessed: August 13, 2013
State of Idaho
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Lands | Director of Labor | Public Utilities Commission |