|Georgia State Superintendent of Schools|
|DeKalb Board of Education|
|Bachelor's||University of Alaska at Fairbanks|
Jester is a former member of the DeKalb Board of Education.
Jester was raised in Georgia. She left the state to attend the University of Alaska Fairbanks, where she earned a bachelor degree in economics, but later returned to launch a career in actuarial consulting. Jester worked as a consultant in both Georgia and Texas before settling in to raise her family, which led to her focus on public school education.
In her official campaign bio, Jester cites her "grassroots experience working to improve education" to support her 2014 bid for superintendent of schools. This experience includes serving on multiple school councils, as the first ever president of a public school foundation and the time spent as an elected member of the DeKalb Board of Education. While serving on the DeKalb Board, Jester used her actuarial background to identify and expose issues with the district's budgeting practices.
- Bachelor degree in economics - University of Alaska Fairbanks
Jester is running for election to the office of Georgia State Superintendent of Schools. Jester is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Jester resides in Georgia. She and husband, Stanley, have three children together.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nancy + Jester + Georgia + Superintendent + of + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nancy Jester for Superintendent 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed November 18, 2013
- Cross Roads News "Nancy Jester launches campaign to lead Georgia’s school systems," November 15, 2013
- [www.nancyjester.com/About/ Nancy Jester for Superintendent 2014 Official campaign website, "About Nancy," accessed November 25, 2013]
- YouTube - ATPDV, "Nancy Jester Budgeting," October 29, 2013
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |