|Kansas House of Representatives District 22|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Wichita State University|
Lusk earned her B.F.A. from Wichita State University.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Lusk served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Social Services Budget|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lusk served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children and Seniors|
|• Social Services Budget|
Lusk's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Restore Kansas School Cuts"
- Excerpt: "Renew the American Dream with Fairer Tax Code"
- Excerpt: "Revive the Kansas economy so it works for Working Families"
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Nancy Lusk was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mike Jones was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lusk defeated Jones in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 22, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Nancy Lusk Incumbent||52.3%||3,109|
Lusk won the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 22. She ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Marla Brems (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 22, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Lusk is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Lusk raised a total of $21,836 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Nancy Lusk's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 22||$21,836|
|Grand Total Raised||$21,836|
2012Lusk won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lusk raised a total of $21,836.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nancy Lusk's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas National Education Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$21,836|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Nancy Lusk received a score of 37.0% in the 2013 index.
Lusk and her husband, James, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Nancy + Lusk + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas Legislature - Representative Nancy Lusk
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Campaign to Elect Nancy Lusk, "About Nancy Lusk," accessed March 31, 2014
- Campaign to Elect Nancy Lusk, "Issues," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Lusk, Nancy," accessed June 12, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- Ballotpedia, "2013 Kansas Policy Index," accessed March 10, 2015
Greg Smith (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 22
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |