|South Dakota House of Representatives District 17|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Place of birth||Dell Rapids, SD|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rasmussen served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent Ray Ring and Marion Sorlien were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Nancy Rasmussen and Jamie Boomgarden were unopposed in the Republican primary. Boomgarden withdrew before the general election, and was replaced by Sheri Kaufman on the general election ballot. Rasmussen and Ring defeated Kaufman and Sorlien in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Ray Ring Incumbent||28.5%||3,283|
|Republican||Nancy Rasmussen Incumbent||28.4%||3,279|
|Source: South Dakota Secretary of State|
Rasmussen won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 17. Rasmussen ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Nancy Rasmussen is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Nancy Rasmussen raised a total of $0 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Nancy Rasmussen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 17||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$0|
2012Nancy Rasmussen won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Nancy Rasmussen raised a total of $0.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nancy Rasmussen's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Nancy + Rasmussen + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 17
- Rep. Rasmussen's website
- Profile from Open States
- Nancy Rasmussen on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Rasmussen, Nancy," accessed September 27, 2013
Jamie Boomgarden (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|