|Illinois House of Representatives, District 40|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois|
|J.D.||DePaul University College of Law|
Schiavone earned her Bachelor's in Speech Communication from the University of Illinois and her J.D. from the DePaul University College of Law. Her professional experience includes owning and working at her own law firm in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago.
Schiavone's campaign website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As a mom of a 12-year old son who attends a Chicago Public School, I have seen first-hand what it is like to be a student and a teacher in the public schools right now, and it is tough. Illinois needs to re-invest in our state’s educational system – from early education to higher education."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Education helped me get where I am today but it did not come easy. I had to work hard and pay my own way through college and law school. With determination and resolve, I now own and operate my own law firm in Logan Square that provides good-paying jobs right here in our neighborhood. Yet, without access to high quality education I would have been left behind like so many students today. Education is our state’s silver bullet and its investment is the first step when addressing long-term job creation and economy in Illinois."
Restoring the Middle Class
- Excerpt: "Being raised by a single mother of four, I know how tough times can get and just how far a dollar can go. My mother was a Chicago Public Schools teacher. We did not have money for the extras in life – only what was necessary. Many residents in the 40th district face similar challenges every day. I am committed to supporting their interests in Springfield."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Jaime Andrade defeated Nancy Schiavone, Aaron Goldstein, Mark Pasieka and Wendy Jo Harmston in the Democratic primary. Andrade is unchallenged in the general election. Melanie "Mel" Ferrand (D) was removed from the ballot on January 7, 2014, and Bart Goldberg (D) withdrew from the race on January 13, 2014.
In 2014, Schiavone's endorsements include the following:
- U.S. Representative Jan Schakowsky
- Alderman John Arena
- Alderman Scott Waguespack
- Carol Ronen- Committeewoman and former State Representative
- 45th Ward Indpendent Democrats
- Citizen Action/Illinois
Schiavone and her son live in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago, Il.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nancy + Schiavone + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Nancy Schiavone on Facebook
- Nancy Schiavone on Twitter
- Official campaign website, "About Nancy," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed February 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Endorsements," accessed February 18, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |