|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 70|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin – La Crosse (1988)|
VanderMeer's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Create jobs & strengthen our economy
- Excerpt: "We need to keep Wisconsin moving forward by promoting a business-friendly climate, which will help attract employers and bolster the ones we have here today."
Control government spending & hold the line on taxes
- Excerpt: "We need to live within our means and get rid of any unnecessary spending. For too long, Wisconsin had a spending addiction. That was finally solved in 2011 when Governor Walker and the legislature eliminated a $3.6 Billion budget deficit without raising taxes or using tricks or gimmicks. I am committed to fiscal reforms that make sure we do not spend beyond our means and ensure we keep our income and property taxes at reasonable levels."
Eliminate waste, fraud and abuse
- Excerpt: "I am committed to reforming the state’s welfare system in order to root out waste, fraud and abuse in all state programs so that tax dollars are spent wisely and those who truly need and qualify for assistance will receive it."
Improve our Education system & Workforce Training efforts
- Excerpt: "We need to look for ways to improve and reform our education system to meet the needs of our workforce. I also support merit pay so the best teachers can be rewarded for their excellent work in the classroom."
Working together to move the State forward
- Excerpt: "Partisan politics have been counterproductive, and Madison is in need of common sense and cool heads."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Amy Vruwink was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Nancy VanderMeer was unopposed in the Republican primary. Vruwink and VanderMeer will face off in the general election.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Vandermeer ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 70. She defeated Dan Wald in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Amy Vruwink in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. Vruwink ran unopposed in the Democratic primary.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 70, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Amy Vruwink Incumbent||50.2%||13,518|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 70 Republican Primary, 2012|
In 2014, VanderMeer's endorsements include the following:
- VOICES PAC Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Right to Life
- Dairy Business Association
- National Federation of Independent Business
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Nancy + Vandermeer + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Nancy VanderMeer on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Nancy for Wisconsin, "Issues," accessed October 27, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed June 4, 2014
- Wisconsin Department of Elections - Official Primary Results
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," accessed June 12, 2012 (dead link)
- Nancy for Wisconsin, "Endorsements," accessed October 27, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |