|New Jersey State Senate, District 22|
|Union County Freeholder|
Ward served as a Freeholder for Union County, New Jersey from 2004 to 2011. She is also a practicing attorney.
An opinion letter written by Ward and published by the New Jersey Courier News highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Gun Control
- Excerpt: "If elected to the state Senate, I will not rest until our Senate president includes a bill which will reduce the magazine capacity of guns. This reduction will serve to prevent the mass killings of our citizens and is a measure which 90 percent of our citizens are demanding from their state legislatures."
- Reproductive Health Funding
- Excerpt: ."..approximately $7.5 million in funding was lost causing multiple women's health clinics throughout the state to close and a major reduction of services to all others. These clinics provided mammogram and ultrasound testing, cervical cancer screening and numerous other preventative health screenings to thousands of uninsured women throughout the state. My opponent did fight and did not restore this funding."
- Tax Relief
- Excerpt: "I will push to restore the State Earned Income tax credit which will give our working families much needed tax relief and I will continue to support equal pay for equal work."
- Juvenile Probation Reform
- Excerpt: "I shall also work to reform our current juvenile probation system so that it may work more efficiently with our court system in identifying the children who are caught up in the present-day epidemic of children in gangs, thereby ensuring that they receive the timely services they need and save them from the tragedy of violence and incarceration."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Ward ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 22. Ward was defeated by Nicholas P. Scutari in the June 4 Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey State Senate District 22 Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Nicholas Scutari Incumbent||81.5%||6,948|
Ward currently resides in Westfield, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nancy + Ward + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- Westfield Patch, "Freeholder Ward Announces Retirement; Westfield Councilman Haas Explores Bid," February 11, 2011
- "MyCentralJersey.com," "Ward a deserving pick for state Senate," accessed September 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013