For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 95|
|January 2, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 97|
|January 7, 2013 - December 31, 2013|
|High school||Helena High School|
Wilson previously represented District 97 in 2013. She resigned from the state house on December 31, 2013 because of a requirement in the state's Public Employee Retirement System that enrollees must resign from all state jobs for 90 days. Wilson, who retired from the University of Montana on December 20, 2013, after 28 years, and also worked in the governor's office in the 1970s, said that opting for benefits while a legislator was a mistake. She announced that she would run again in the reapportioned District 95 in the 2014 election.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Wilson served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Transportation, Vice Chair|
|• Local Government|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wilson served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government|
Wilson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Keep Montana government serving residents while keeping it solvent
- Invest in the future by educating all Montanans
- Promote women’s rights
- Work to correct social injustices
- Build job opportunities
- Protect public lands for all Montanans
- Preserve Montanans’ constitutional right to a good environment
- Share Montana’s wealth with its cities
- Protect the rights of all
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Nancy Wilson was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election. Incumbent Tom Steenberg (D) ran in District 99.
Wilson won election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 97. Wilson ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Gary E. Sanders (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 97, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Wilson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Wilson raised a total of $5,405 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Nancy Wilson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 97||$5,405|
|Grand Total Raised||$5,405|
2012Wilson won election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wilson raised a total of $5,405.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nancy Wilson's campaign in 2012|
|Ironworkers District Council Of The Pacific Northwest||$160|
|Montana Medical Association||$160|
|Total Raised in 2012||$5,405|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nancy + Wilson + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- The Montana Legislature, "Montana House Roster 2013 Regular Session," accessed January 7, 2014
- Ravalli Republic, "Missoula Rep. Wilson resigns seat in Legislature after retirement mistake," January 6, 2014. Accessed January 7, 2014
- Nancy Wilson for House District 97, home page, accessed October 17, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Wilson, Nancy." Retrieved September 25, 2013
Michele Reinhart (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 97
| Succeeded by|
Todd Mowbray (D)
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |