Nashua, New Hampshire
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of New Hampshire city websites
Last rated on December 25, 2012.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 8 years.
- Administrative Officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized email.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating back to 2002 are available.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online.
- Approved contract statements are provided for vendors.
- Public Records
- The public information officer is identified and maintained by the City Clerk. This person provides a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- A public records form is provided.
- A fee schedule for documents is provided.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Residents are able to pay taxes online.
- The city discloses it hires a legislative liaison and the total amount spent on that position.
- Permits and zoning
- Residents cannot pay taxes online
The 2011 budget is $247,306,272.
|Salaries and Benefits||$176,821,045|
|All Other Costs||$70,485,227|
Nashua has received a total of $27.1 million from the economic stimulus package.
- 9 Aldermen have 2 year terms
- 6 at-large Aldermen have 4 year terms
The Board of Aldermen is the entity of the city that deals with policy-making.
See also: New Hampshire state government salary
Nashua spent $176,821,045 for salaries and benefits in 2011.
See also: New Hampshire public pensions
Nashua employees are enrolled in the New Hampshire Retirement System or Public Works Employees Retirement System.
The 2011 budget for the Police Department is $108,550 and $71,200 for the fire department.
See also: New Hampshire government sector lobbying
No lobbying information is posted.
Transparency & public records
The site provides information on how to obtain Records and Cost associated with:
The website has an in-depth guide and explanation of how it levies property taxes.
- Official Nashua website
- Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce
- Official New Hamsphire government webstie
- New Hampshire information
- New Hampshire tourist information
- Nashua Telegraph
- Nashua Telegraph, Nashua gets top grade in web transparency, June 15, 2011
- "American Fact Finder" Census
- City of Nashua, Budgets, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Staff Directory, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Elected Officials, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Meeting Minutes, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Meeting Agendas, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Meeting Calendar, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Audits, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Bids, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Right to Know, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Tax Rates, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Lobbying, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Zoning, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- City of Nashua, Building Permit, Accessed: December 24, 2012
- NH Recovery
- Public Records
- Guide to Understanding Tax Bill