|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 40|
|High school||J.W. Ligon Jr. Sr. High School, 1963|
|Associate's||University of Florida, 1979|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina A&T State University, 1968|
|Master's||North Carolina A&T State University, 1979|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||Five years|
Majeed served on the Charlotte City Council for eight years.
Majeed earned his A.A. in Restaurant Management from the University of Florida in 1979, his B.S. in Business Administration from North Carolina A&T State University in 1968 and his M.S. Agricultural Education (specializing in animal science) at North Carolina A&T State University in 1979. His professional experience includes working as a pilot for Piedmont Airlines (now US Airways), as the owner of a Burger King franchise, for the North Carolina Department of Corrections as a Clinical Chaplain for fourteen years, as a managing partner of Metro-Meck Land Development Company and a custom jewelery maker. Majeed served in the U.S. Air Force for five years as a Captain and Aircraft Commander of a B-52 Bomber.
Majeed's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Raise the minimum wage."
- Excerpt: "Affordable childcare for working women."
- Excerpt: "Reversing cuts to education and working people."
- Excerpt: "Tax free enterprise zones in targeted neighborhoods."
- Excerpt: "Economic development."
- Excerpt: "Transportation."
- Excerpt: "Job growth."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Joyce Waddell defeated Nasif Majeed, Matt Newton, Ty Turner and Morris McAdoo in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 40 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Majeed has five children. Majeed served on the board of the Charlotte Housing Authority, Charlotte Mecklenburg Planning Commission, National Council of Christians and Jews, Private Industry Council, West Trade-Beatties Ford Merchants Association (President), Northwest Corridor Community Development Corporation, Charlotte Convention & Visitors Bureau, West Charlotte Business Incubator (Chairman) and Governor Hunt’s North Carolina Commission on Education for Economic Growth.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nasif + Majeed + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 40
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Nasif Majeed on Facebook
- Nasif Majeed on Twitter
- Campaign website, "About," accessed March 25, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed March 25, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014