|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 98|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||Duke University School of Law, 1994|
Marcus earned her B.A. in Public Policy from Hamilton College and her J.D. from Duke University School of Law in 1994. Her professional experience includes working as a lawyer for Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP, as Judicial Clerk for the Honorable Frank W. Bullock, Jr. of the U.S. District Court in Greensboro in 2005 and as a founding member of DavidsonLearns.
Marcus's campaign website highlights the following priorities:
If elected, my priorities will be to:
- Excerpt: "Preserve citizens' fundamental rights."
- Excerpt: "Support public education & respect teachers."
- Excerpt: "Promote small businesses."
- Excerpt: "Build healthy, safe, inclusive communities."
- Excerpt: "Protect the environment."
- Excerpt: "Encourage economic growth & job creation."
- Excerpt: "Restore our State's positive reputation."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Natasha Marcus was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while John R. Bradford III defeated Lynette Rinker and Sharon Hudson in the Republican primary. Marcus and Bradford will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 98 Republican Primary, 2014|
|John R. Bradford III||59.1%||2,536|
Marcus and her husband, Rob, have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Natasha + Marcus + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 98
- Official campaign website
- Natasha Marcus on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About Natasha," accessed April 22, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Main page," accessed April 22, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |