Natchitoches Parish is one of 64 parishes in Louisiana. A parish, in Louisiana, is the equivalent of a county in other states. The parish seat is Natchitoches. As of 2000, the population was 39,080. This is the heart of the Cane River Louisiana Creole community.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- A complete listing of police jurors and administrative officials is available, along with contact information.
- Council meeting minutes and agendas are available dating to 2005; However, few minutes are posted for 2011. Uniquely, Natchitoches provides a feature on its site that will send an e-mail notification when new minutes of council meetings are posted.
- The website does not offer any budgetary information.
- No information is available on building and zoning, parish audits and contracts, and local taxes.
- No information is provided about how parish residents can request access to public documents of the parish under Louisiana's sunshine laws.
- ↑ Contact Information
- ↑ minutes and agendas