|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43|
Knapper's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Economy + Jobs
- Excerpt: "While Michigan’s economy is improving, job creation must remain our top priority. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Michigan’s unemployment rate is still the fifth-highest in the nation (7.8%). By keeping taxes low and eliminating unnecessary occupational licensure requirements, we can create a business-friendly climate that promotes innovation and investment. "
- Excerpt: "Our Declaration of Independence recognizes that the Creator has endowed every person with an inalienable right to life. This includes those yet to be born. As a State Representative, I’ll firmly support policies that extend this right to those in the womb. "
- Excerpt: "It’s been a harsh winter, and it’s time to repair the roads. We must adequately invest in our transportation infrastructure. The Legislature recently passed a $329 million spending bill to fund road maintenance and construction projects. If elected, I’ll push to ensure that our District is awarded the maximum possible funding allocation so we can make the necessary repairs. "
- Excerpt: "The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution grants citizens the right to keep and bear arms. I’ll defend these rights as a member of the Legislature. "
- Excerpt: "As a member of Attorney General Schuette’s 2013 Michigan Commission on Human Trafficking, I recognize the heinous nature of this crime and will continue to support legislative efforts to break the chains of modern-day slavery."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Dennis Ritter defeated Neil Billington and Robin McGregor in the Democratic primary. Jim Tedder defeated Jose Aliaga, Paul Greenawalt, Nate Knapper and Andrea Schroeder in the Republican primary. Tedder defeated Ritter in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Knapper's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
- Small Business Association of Michigan
- Michigan Retailers Association
- Robert Gosselin, Oakland County Commissioner
- Mike Sabol, Clarkston City Councilman
- Kendall Wingrove, Senior Communications Specialist - Delta Dental of Michigan, former Media Services Manager - Michigan Senate
- Maria Carl, President - Walton Charter School Board, widow of Michigan Senator Doug Carl
- Jerry Walker, Village Manager - Village of Holly, former Police Chief & City Manager - Walled Lake
- Nancy Hitchcok-Marsack, Flute Instructor - Orion Chamber Music Society, Home School Teacher
- Ron J. Wilson, CHA, Chief Executive Officer - Hotel Investment Services, Inc.
- Pete & Nancy Caruso, Uncle Peter's Pasties - Owners and Operators
- Jason Bulbuk, Attorney & Clarkston Resident
- Fred Reichert, IT Program Manager - General Motors
- Brent Nelson, Pastor for Preaching and Theology, Five Points Community Church
- Steve Brown, Pastor, North Oaks Community Church
- Carol Geiger, Precinct Delegate - Waterford Township, Precinct 16
- Roxie Fittonneville, Ph.D, Precinct Delegate - Independence Township, #3, Former Technical Manager, Engineering - GM
- Clifford Church, Precinct Delegate - Independence Township, Precinct 10
- Eugene & Darcy Mazza, Mazza Company Concrete, Mazza Building and Development
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nate + Knapper + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 43
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Nate Knapper on Facebook
- Nate Knapper on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- nateknapper.com, "Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- nateknapper.com, "Partners," accessed July 29, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |