|Oklahoma State Senate District 33|
|November 23, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||12 years total in legislature|
His professional experience includes working as a missionary in Romania, designing and managing a bible school campus in Romania, and serving on the Tulsa County Republican Party and the Tulsa Area Republican Assembly.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dahm served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Commerce|
|• General Government|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
Dahm supports the Second Amendment. He supports balancing the budget, education reform, lowering taxes, and smaller government. He is pro-life.
On January 23, 2014, Dahm introduced Senate Bill 1473, also known as the Piers Morgan Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms Without Infringement Act, which would allow adults to carry firearms anywhere that is allowed by law, but does not require a gun license to do so. Dahm went on Piers Morgan's CNN show on January 27, 2014, where he was invited to debate his bill with the gun control supporter. If Dahm's legislation is passed by the Oklahoma State Legislature, the bill would go into effect on November 1, 2014.
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2012
Dahm ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma Senate District 33. Dahm and Tim Wright advanced to the August 28 primary runoff. Dahm defeated Tim Wright in the Republican runoff primary on August 28, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oklahoma State Senate District 33 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Tim Wright (advanced to runoff)||37.7%||2,410|
|Nathan Dahm (advanced to runoff)||35.8%||2,284|
|Don P. Little||19.6%||1,252|
Comprehensive donor information for Nathan Dahm is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Nathan Dahm raised a total of $41,980 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 15, 2013.
|Nathan Dahm's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma State Senate, District 33||$41,980|
|Grand Total Raised||$41,980|
2012Nathan Dahm won election to the Oklahoma State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Nathan Dahm raised a total of $41,980.
|Oklahoma State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nathan Dahm's campaign in 2012|
|Oklahoma Conservative PAC||$5,000|
|Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$41,980|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Nathan + Dahm + Oklahoma + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Campaign website- Bio
- Campaign website-Issues
- piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com, "Piers Morgan welcomes the senator who used his name in a pro-gun bill," accessed January 28, 2014
- kfor.com, "Oklahoma senator proposes 'Piers Morgan' bill, creates clash with CNN host," accessed January 28, 2014
- AP Results "Oklahoma State Senate primary elections" Accessed August 28, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board - Unofficial 2012 primary results
- Oklahoma State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," June 26, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Dahm, Nathan," accessed July 15, 2013
Tom Adelson (D)
|Oklahoma State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|